Ian studies collective human intelligence. His research uses memes to gain insight into the propagation of ideas across networks and the outcomes thereof. Ian is an empiricist who also uses simulation methods to investigate individuals and populations. Ian is the manager of SISR Lab.
Ian received a PhD from the University of Toronto. His dissertation was titled Psychological Meme Science. Ian holds a Master’s degree in Psychology from the University of Toronto and a Bachelor’s degree in Cognitive Science with a minor in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University.
- social psychology : politics (polarization; democracy)
- social psychology : social influence (memes)
- psychology : quantitative methods : computational modeling (agent based modeling)
- linguistics : computational linguistics
- computer science : computers and society (simulation)
- computer science : social and information networks